The purpose of Bangor Public Health & Community Services’ (BPHCS) social media accounts is to share with the community research, articles, and events associated with the mission and vision of the organization. In addition, social media pages are used to promote upcoming BPHCS sponsored or co-sponsored events. BPHCS has created this social media commenting policy to ensure that all BPHCS social media pages are safe and respectful spaces for our supporters to learn and exchange ideas. This policy extends to all social media pages currently operated by BPHCS, as well as any future social media sites and services the agency may utilize.
General Comment Guidelines
BPHCS encourages you to share your comments and ideas. To protect your privacy, please do not disclose personal information such as an e-mail address, home address, or phone numbers for yourself or others.
BPHCS does not endorse the comments or opinions provided by visitors to its social media sites. The views expressed within comments posted by visitors to these pages do not necessarily reflect those of BPHCS.
BPHCS requests that all comments posted on our social media pages be relevant to the content posted. Please be respectful of the comments posted by other visitors and please keep your comments in a respectful tone.
BPHCS reserves the right to moderate any and all comments. At our discretion, we will remove comments that we determine:
- Contain obscene or sexual content.
- Include personal attacks or threats directed at other commenters.
- Include personal attacks or threats directed at the staff, volunteers, Board members, or community partners of BPHCS.
- Contain defamatory speech, hate speech, or offensive comments that target or disparage any populations based on, but not limited to: ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, religion, or other socio-economic status.
- Are spam (including repeated posting of very similar content).
- Are not topically related to the particular posting.
- Advocate illegal activity.
- Promote particular services, products, or political candidates, ballot propositions, or organizations.
- Infringe on copyrights or trademarks.
At BPHCS’s discretion, BPHCS may also ban or block from BPHCS’s social media sites commenters who make multiple postings with such comments.