Car Seat Inspection
We are a State of Maine Bureau of Highway Safety Inspection station with a Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician on staff.
We offer free car seat inspection services. There are no income requirements for this portion of the program.
Car seat technicians are specially trained to:
- Teach parents to properly install and inspect car seats
- Help parents figure out when it’s time to move to another car seat type as your child grows
- Offer guidance about car seat placement
COVID-19 Restrictions apply during car seat installations. The Car Seat Technician will review restrictions at the time of service.
For questions, please contact Gail Allard, RN, CLC, Public Health Nurse/Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician with the contact submission form below or call us at 207-992-4553.
To find the Child Safety Seat Program location closest to you, please visit the Maine Child Passenger Safety webpage.
Car Seat Distribution
You may be able to have a car seat provided to you by the State of Maine (income and eligibility restrictions apply).
In order to qualify for this portion of the program, you’ll need:
- Parent or caregiver must have a current State of Maine Driver’s License or current State of Maine Identification
- Child must be participating in one of the following:
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Mainecare (Medicaid)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)