Car Seat Inspection
We are a State of Maine Bureau of Highway Safety Inspection station with a Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician on staff.–CLOSED AT THIS TIME> WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE
We offer free car seat inspection services. There are no income requirements for this portion of the program.
Car seat technicians are specially trained to:
- Teach parents to properly install and inspect car seats
- Help parents figure out when it’s time to move to another car seat type as your child grows
- Offer guidance about car seat placement
COVID-19 Restrictions apply during car seat installations. The Car Seat Technician will review restrictions at the time of service.
For questions, please contact Gail Allard, RN, CLC, Public Health Nurse/Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician with the contact submission form below or call us at 207-992-4553.
To find the Child Safety Seat Program location closest to you, please visit the Maine Child Passenger Safety webpage.
Car Seat Distribution
You may be able to have a car seat provided to you by the State of Maine (income and eligibility restrictions apply).
In order to qualify for this portion of the program, you’ll need:
- Parent or caregiver must have a current State of Maine Driver’s License or current State of Maine Identification
- Child must be participating in one of the following:
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Mainecare (Medicaid)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)